About MongoDB User Groups
MongoDB user groups bring people together to learn from and connect with each other over their shared interest in MongoDB technologies. These gatherings create a community of support, collaboration, and education for all who attend, whether they are students or seasoned professionals. We strongly encourage all of our community members to join either a local user group to build these connections with other community members. Join our Virtual Global Community to participate in monthly events hosted by MongoDB, focusing on both technical and non-technical topics.
Perks for MongoDB User Group Leaders
- Free passes to MongoDB.local events and free Atlas credits.
- Exclusive SWAG to show our appreciation for all your hard work.
- Recognition in our community as a Leader and dedicated contributor, both online and in person.
Expectations of MongoDB User Group Leaders
- Schedule, organize, and lead regular activities for your group. You are expected to host at least four (4) events per year, one (1) per quarter.
- Recruit new members and speakers to grow your group and keep your local community thriving.
- Work with your group to adapt to member needs as they evolve.
- Review and accept our Code of Conduct and Community etiquette.
MongoDB User Group Restrictions
- Partners or marketplace vendors are welcome to speak on relevant best practices, but sales pitches are not permitted.
- You may not charge admission or membership fees. All MongoDB user group events are free of charge for attendees. User groups may seek sponsorship from outside organizations to help offset costs.
Our Commitment to MongoDB User Groups
- MongoDB provides a limited yearly sponsorship fund to support the costs associated with running events. Organizers can apply for payment of incurred costs from food and beverages.
- We will also provide you with incentives to help drive attendance at your events, such as Atlas credits or SWAG to give away at your events.
- Lastly, we provide resources, such as training, a private forum for chatting with other organizers, and an organizers' council, composed of fellow user group leaders, that meets regularly to help guide the development of the overall user group program and identify unique challenges that we can help you to overcome.
- (Coming soon!) Speaker support and training from our experienced team of speaker coaches and professional speakers, live and on-demand via our Speaker's Bureau in the MongoDB Developer Hub.
Interested in becoming a community leader? Complete the form below and we'll be in touch.
- We will be reaching out to you to set up an official onboarding call to discuss the overall program's benefits and resources to support your efforts.
- If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com.